Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pink Birthday Delights

Hi All Vintage Friends,
Sandy here with my PINK theme card. I have made a pink birthday card:


The papers I've used is a mix of Pion Design and Maja Design.
The paper I used for the base and to cut out the frame for the image is Pink Butterfly from Pion's Studio of Memories Collection 12x12. The doily and the tag (Magnolia Doohickey Vintage Tag) I cut out from "1910", Maja Design's Vintage Summer Basics Collection. Also the rectangular piece with the flower pattern is 1910.
I wanted to add som shabbiness to the card, so I used a piece of cardboard, ripped the edges a bit and painted it white with Gesso.


The image is a Sarah Kay stamp from Stampavie and the sentiment from Stampin' Up.
By now you probably know that I love my trims and laces... :-) Here I've used white jute ribbon, milk tulle pleat trim and the new beautiful Rhinestone Lace in the colour "Heather Pink". As you can see, it's a perfect colour match to the papers! Oh, and of course there's some of the shabby seam binding as well...I couldn't decide which colour to use, so I used both  "Blush Pink" & "Ash Rose". :-)
  (The shabby seam binding is currently out of stock, but I've ordered new ribbon and expect to have it available on the website in a couple of week's time).

The wooden ticket, which also got a bit of Gesso treatment is from Prima. This is the "Tea Thyme" Set. The Pink Vintage Pearl Pins also didn't escape the Gesso, though the Vintage Pearl Brad that I used to fasten the shabby seam binding bow did. :-)
The pearls I used for decorating the Doily are from Melissa Frances, and then I also used some of Ranger's Liquid Pearls- Opal White around the image.

Thanks so much for visiting - please stop by again tomorrow for Becky's lovely card!

Hugz,
Sandy




6 comments:

  1. Oh WOw this is a really beautiful card! I love the Sarah Kay images. The layout and lovely details are all just perfect! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! How beautiful, gorgeous card and I just love pink, its so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove it! <3 And love the words, are they a stamp??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work, Love all the Brilliant detail.. Love it!!! Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work, Sandy! Can't wait to use that ♥lace♥
    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Sandy, love the layout.

    ReplyDelete