Saturday, January 26, 2013

Made to Order (CASE Karita)

Hi Everyone,
Sandy here with my non square card. Sorry that I'm posting so late today; I stayed up late last night and worked on listing the new charms onto the website, and today it took a while until I got in to a scrapping mood. Anywho; this is what I have made:

This is a birthday card for a friend's mum, who's turning 70 on the very same day as my dad. I haven't made a card for him yet... Me & male cards, well they aren't my favourite thing exactly... :-)
 
This card on the other hand though, was one of the easiest ones I've made in a long time. Didn't have to put any thinking into it; my Cameo took care of the shape, and a a couple of weeks ago when my friend was over, she picked out the image, the paper, the embellishments and later she e-mailed me the sentiment, so all I needed to do was to make them fit on the card. :-)

Initially though it was far from easy for my friend to decide and I showed her loads of samples of the DT's work here on the blog, but instantly when she saw Karita's card for this month's LLC challenge she knew what she wanted. Hence; this card is a CASE (copy and selective edit) of Karita's card.

Here are some close ups of the shabby details; added loads of Gesso (did I get that right, Karita?!), there's shabby seam binding (Storm Clouds), and a shabby bark heart. The numbers on the bark heart are from Maja Design's Die Cut sheet (thanks for the inspiration, Tracy).

I just hope my friend's mum likes shabby...otherwise I'll be in trouble! LOL

The sentiment "L'Amour de ma vie" (the love of my life) I printed out on the backside of the paper I used on the card, "Ornament" from Pion Design’s  "Studio of Memories" collection. I’ve always loved this collection, and Pion's new collection, “Alma’s Sewing Room” reminds me a lot of Studio of Memories in both colours and patterns, so I’m certain I’ll love it as well!


Alma’s Sewing Room is expected in stock beginning of next week.


For the above card I used a sepia image from the sheet "Ladies" from Pion Design's "From Grandma's Attic". I'll also be stocking Pion's tinted vintage images "From Grandma's Attic Tinted":

Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoy your weekend!

Hugz,
Sandy


11 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW this is absolutely stunning Sandy hun lurve the vintage feel to it, actually I lurve EVERYTHING on this, from the shape to the colour to the embellies. It really is lush!!

    Will be at your store next week for those papers ;0)

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! And case Karita?!?! Oh Sandy, this gorgeous card is totally you :)
    I love everything about this card, papers, embellishments and especially the sentiment.

    Thank you for the inspiration :)

    Hugs, Karita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandy I love love love this! How could anyone not like Shabby! And how could anyone not like this! It is fabulous! Judy x ps. Haven't forgotten you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card, Sandy. Beautiful image, fabulous embellishments and just love the lace.

    I must get my Cameo out again - it's gathering dust....

    Looking forward to all the new papers arriving and will keep an eye on the website.

    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fifteen minutes ago I received a text to let me know that my mum's card was ready... I was out and thought that I could wait until tomorrow to see the card online but knowing how beautiful Sandra's cards are, I could not wait so I decided to come back home and logged in immediately and wouah wouah wouah wouah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am totally blown away, completely filled with wonder and amazed by how perfectly Sandra managed to express the exact feeling I have for my mum through her beautiful work ; we call this ART. Sandra, thanks with all my heart. I am so touched and can not wait anymore to hand your lovely artwork to The Love of My Life, my very dear mummy. With love xxx Noelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a delicious card....another stunner Sandy
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning sandy!!! i just love this! wow what a beautiful design...i love the embellies and the gorgeous gorgeous shape...great work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This si so beautiful,i love this the detail is stunning and the image is so beautifully framed.Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastyczna, klimatyczna karteczka!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card! You are welcome to make one similar to this for me anytime you wish...lol! Doesn't have to be a special occasion.

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie
    http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete