Saturday, September 27, 2014

Purple Autumn Birthday Card

Happy Saturday All!
So this week's theme is the pretty season Autumn. 
The tree's leaves in the vibrant colours of red, orange/yellow, and brown often look amazing.
But I'm afraid I have a bit of an aversion to orange and yellow...and if you ask me red is for Christmas and Valentine's... So remains brown then, which is a colour I love!
Today I have combined brown (kraft) with purple and though you might not see purple leaves on the trees, it's definitely an Autumn colour. Just think of Halloween!
I have been dying to use some of the pretty papers from Pion Design's "My precious Daughter"  collection. They are all so beautiful that it was hard to choose between them. This time I went with Syringa 12x12, but Anemone would have worked just as well for this Criss Cross Card!
The lace border was punched out with a Martha Stewart Punch from the sheet "Julia's Dress 12x12".

The insert is from the sheet "My princess 6x6":


Some of the details:


The Maya Road heart clip was painted with gesso, which I also used on some of the berries to tone them down.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you like the card as much as I enjoyed making it.

Have a great weekend!

Sandy xxx



2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a beautiful criss cross card, Sandy! Gorgeous colors (I totally share your aversion against orange ;D) and papers and everything!
    Take care and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    Wat een mooie criss cross kaart en prachtige kleuren kraft en lila! Ook zo mooi de seringen op het Pion papier....beeldschoon vind ik het!! Een goed weekend en lieve groetjes van Gerie

    ReplyDelete